FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
CURIOUS ABOUT SIBAO?
What do student like about SIBAO School?
1. The teachers really want to help
2. Happy atmosphere
3. Great school trips
4. It’s cool to do well here
What are the school's main achievement?
1. High academic standards
2. An impressive extra-curricular programme, leading to high standards of success in sport, music, art and other activities.
3. A happy and rewarding environment offering impressive facilities
4. Well-rounding, confident and intellectually curious pupils.
What are the main strengths of the school?
1. Committed teachers with high expectations of pupils
2. Adherence to the ideal of an all-round education
3. High quality pastoral care
4. Keeping pupils / students challenged and interested in learning
5. Personalized programmes of support
6. Small class sizes
What are the pastoral system like at SIBAO?
Pastoral care means we use a holistic approach to address the personal, emotional, social, intellectual and moral needs of every students. As a result students show genuine concern for each other and grow strongly in self-awareness and self-esteem.
Does the school have a bus service?
SIBAO School runs a bus service.
Does the School accepts students throughout the school year?
Student can start at any date before the mid-term break of the lent term. Applications at later times are considered on an individual basis. New students usually start on Mondays.
Is there an Application fee?
Yes, there is an application fee to the SIBAO School, Ogbomoso.
The SIBAO School (in what age are children accepted)?
The SIBAO School, Ogbomoso is open to all children from age 2 years 6 months – 16 years.
What are the school hours?
* The school open for drop offs at 07:00 am
* The school day begins at 07:00 am and ends at 15:15 pm
* The school hours are the same for primary and Secondary phases.
Are there after school hours?
An extensive programme of after – school activities enriches the SIBAO experience.
Do children wear uniform?
Yes, all student from reception up to Year 11 are required to wear a school uniform.
Are all classes taught in English?
Yes, all classes are taught in English (except language classes).
Is my child required to speak perfect English before being admitted into SIBAO?
No. We welcome non-native speakers of English to SIBAO. We provide support in the form of EAL (English as an Additional Language) and have a programme of intensive English.
How do you meet the needs of your most able pupils?
We offer our most able students the chance to be involved in more stretching and challenging activities, providing extension, enrichment and acceleration within the curriculum and within extra – curricular activities.
Is learning support available?
Yes, the special educational needs of students with specific learning difficulties are addressed either individually or in small groups.
What certificate/qualification will my child leave with at the end of his or her schooling at SIBAO?
The qualifications we offer at the Grange the international General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), CIE.
Will my child able to gain entry into A level/IB college around the World?
Yes, SIBAO students have been successfully accepted by prestigious colleges in the UK, USA and worldwide. We are proud of our ability to best help students fulfil their potential for higher education admission.